Friday, September 5, 2008

Bloggiing Lesson

Okay, so now I have to play catch-up with the blog posts. I apologize for the delay, and for the poor quality of the writing that the next several posts are likely to be. I’ve learned a few things about writing this summer. I need to carry my own computer so I won’t have the lame excuse of difficulty in using someone else’s, and I have to be less committed to my first ideas about how writing and posting should go. The most important lesson I have learned from writing regularly(or in the case of this summer, not writing)about what I’m doing and seeing is this: Having to write intelligently about the experience improves it immensely. Seeing and thinking and recording, when it’s done for someone else, forces me to find some meaning in what I’m doing so that the experience amounts to something more than wasting an evening in front of a television—for me and for my readers. Writing that simply records what I saw and did is of little use to me except as a list of what I did with my time. And that is something that belongs in my day planner, not on my blog.

No comments: